Living in the moment




Yes, I know.... I did say that I wouldn't be sharing any more video footage of Nick. BUT, this clip makes my heart sing! It is only a small segment of the original footage; therefore, you are not getting the whole story.

I have chosen this particular piece to spotlight a few things that stood out for me. The video runs for less than a minute!

The connection between us is just too precious. Nick is enjoying the interaction with me. He is focused and continually references my face and body language for information, enjoyment and experience sharing.

We each have a role to play. In this case, we were using a reciprocal pattern (I take a turn, you take the same turn). Although, it has to be said, Nick expanded on his turn! He decided to take a brick and then deliberately knock some of the others off the stack. Not once but twice. I love that he took this initiative and then looked at me each time to check out my reaction.

I am providing guidance by slowing down the activity, really drawing out my turn and building up the anticipation. I use noises and declarative comments to spotlight different aspects of our interaction.

We have a lovely co-regulatory pattern happening and we are sharing the experience. It's good fun and Nick will have a really nice episodic memory of our time together. Moments like these are highly motivating and addictive. Mindful guiding really works a treat. #RDI


~*~

"Mindful of being in the moment and really enjoying what you have now."
Dr Sarah Wayland








4 comments:

  1. Do post anytime, Di! Love it! Love that Nick is being so cheeky with you... Jenga is such a fun game, I hope I find our game this half-term in one of the unopened boxes sitting in my hall shipped from Sydney to London.
    Also enjoying your flowers... won't comment every-time, but looking forward to sharing with my very 'arty' daughter who loves taking photos...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, you have moved to London long term? I am heading there for a few days as my husband is running the London Marathon. Thanks for stopping by, always appreciated. Good luck finding your game! :)

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful! Nick sure is loving your big facial reaction! What great eye contact he's giving you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x