Reasons to be cheerful 18.7.13


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

There are a number of things bothering me at the moment. Our neighbors are doing extensive alterations and every day, from sun up to sun down we are being bombarded with noise.  I am also feeling a complete lack of motivation to be proactive around the house. My weight is increasing with age (and chocolate) and I really need to do something about it. I am feeling guilty that I don't do enough with my kids, especially Nick... he really needs a lot of input in order to progress. Yes, I have also been feeling a bit miserable for my Nick, as he is missing out on all the wonderful things that life has to offer. 

In order to shake off my negative mood I thought it best to focus on the positive aspects of what is going on around me. There is nothing like linking up with Mummy from the Heart to change my mindset.

Although my son Nick is autistic, he is in fact a really happy teen. I am very grateful that he is a gentle young man, who with time has overcome his need for extremely rigid patterns and schedules. Due to his increased confidence and exposure to real life (as in, going out into the community), life has become a lot easier for him. This in turn has also opened up my world. 

I am thankful that a year ago I made the rash decision to buy a puppy; and subsequently adopt his brother. Our crazy dogs give us a lot of joy. Although, let's be real here ~ they can also be right pains! Dogs need regular exercise so they are forcing me to get off my fat backside and down to the local park. Hooray, I am also getting to burn off some calories. Sort of!

I am always grateful for Nick's school. We have a really great gang of girls working there and it goes without saying that our kids are just the bees' knees. My boy is so happy there ~ which makes me happy! 

Last but not least. It's a beautiful hot winter's day. The jackhammers will stop at 4pm. We are spending the afternoon at home just chilling. I have a couple of plans up my sleeve for Nick. Oh, I have also managed to *persuade* my first born to cook supper. Win win!


Am feeling better all ready! :-)




10 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad that writing about some reasons to be cheerful has cheered you up. Not possible to be positive ALL the time so don't be too hard on yourself and I find the summer impossible as regards weight control. There's always September for a fresh start ;-)

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jazzy. Life wouldn't be real if it was all sweetness and light, hey? A fresh start sounds good, thanks for the reminder. xx

      Delete
  2. Some excellent reasons to be cheerful :)
    Sometimes we just need to stop and think for a moment about our lives, not just be stuck with the routine chores and stuff. Your post did that for me today, so thank you, I needed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Orli D, I glad that you found it helpful. Have a great week. x

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for finding the good things and sharing them with us. It makes me feel braver and better, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @rhemashope ~ thanks for stopping by. There is no one more braver than you! Stay strong. x

      Delete
  4. Lovely, and so glad that you enjoy 'Reasons to be Cheerful' as well :) Especially the dinner, there's nothing like food cooked by someone else, and when you're being treated by your own child, that's the best of all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue Sky.... and my supper was so delicious, such a treat. Hope your week goes well. xx

      Delete
  5. dogs are supposed to be good for our well being :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly good for mine, although they can be very naughty! Thanks for stopping by, Becky. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x